Idalia was upgraded to hurricane status on Tuesday and is expected to cause power outages across large portions of the Coastal Empire and Lowcountry.
For the latest updates on power outages with Georgia Power, check in with their Outage & Storm Center. You can sign up for outage alerts, report outages, and view the outage map. Georgia Power encourages residents to check emergency kits and unplug major appliances. They also recommend keeping your phone fully charged in case of an outage and avoiding conductors like open wires and metals.
Here are outage maps for all local electric companies:
- PALMETTO ELECTRIC COOPERATIVE, INC. (Beaufort, Hampton, & Jasper Counties)
- DOMINION ENERGY (Beaufort, Hampton, & Jasper Counties)
- GEORGIA ELECTRICAL COOPERATIVES (By Region)
- EXCELSIOR ELECTRIC COOPERATIVE (Bryan, Bulloch, Candler, Effingham, Emanuel, Evans, & Tattnall Counties)
- CANOOCHEE ELECTRIC COOPERATIVE (Bryan, Candler, Chatham, Emanuel, Evans, Liberty, Long, Tattnall, & Toombs Counties)
- COASTAL ELECTRIC COOPERATIVE (Bryan, Liberty, Long, & McIntosh Counties)
- SATILLA ELECTRIC COOPERATIVE (Appling, Bacon, Jeff Davis, Tattnall, & Wayne Counties)